Monday, November 5, 2007

Success

Friday's flurry of handyman activity paid off. I have a toilet in my half-bath that doesn't wobble (very important) and the bathtub plumbing is now leak-free. Hooray!

After the plumbing issues were resolved (mid-afternoon), Handy Jeff moved on to a lunch break and buying electrical supplies at my local Sutherlands store (which he hates, by the way). He had to get up in my attic amid all the insulation (I'm just glad I didn't have to do it) and run new wiring for the ceiling fan (I opted to have a double switch -- one for the fan and one for the light) and he had to run all new wiring for the exhaust fan in the bathroom. He finished up around 10:30 Friday evening. That's 11.25 hours of billable time. Holy cow!

After my Mom found out how much it cost, she asked me, "Do you think you could offer him sex next time instead of paying him money?" I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. Good question, Mom. I'll check into it for the future. As my friend, Lori, commented in the earlier post about this, it would be good to find out just how "handy" he can be! At least he knows the way to my bedroom already...

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

given his profession... he probably is good with his hands, and obviously doesn't have a problem getting down on his knees. ;)~

Khageman said...

This site has definitely veered out of pg range:)

Linda said...

you guys crack me up! Chris, you are such a talented writer!