Sunday, November 11, 2007

The leaves are a-fallin'

Well, it must officially be fall. The leaves have been coming off the trees pretty briskly for a couple of days. My back yard has a blanket of leaves. Though I'm dreading the annual leaf pick-up activity, it is quite beautiful. Especially on my street. I live on a street with a median and in the median is a row of what I believe are Chinese pistache trees. This time of year those trees are the epitome of fall color. Here are a few shots I've taken over the last two weeks. This first one is of the trees in front of my house.

Looking west down the street from the end of my driveway:Taken yesterday morning looking east down the street:
Those trees are one of the best things about living on this street, which is quite busy. Looking out at them makes it all seem worthwhile.

4 comments:

Lori said...

What a pretty sight. I love fall.

Linda said...

Beautiful trees Chris! I LOVE this time of year!

Country Girl said...

fall is my all time fave part of the year. it's funny because this weekend i just noticed one of the trees in the backyard was red. like it happened overnight or something.

Jaime said...

I was gonna shoot the same picture off the red row of trees on 25th St. today but I was feeling a bit lackadaisical. Thanks for doing it for me.