Sunday, November 18, 2007

Flaming Cazuelas

Friday evening my friend Jennifer and Bella, her two-year-old, picked me up and we went to Felipe's restaurant. Taking Bella wasn't our first choice since we were doing "research" of their Flaming Cazuela drink, but Steve was still working and couldn't take over Bella duties. Jennifer wants to have a Flaming Cazuela party and she needed to try the drink again before attempting to make them on her own. I had never had one and decided it was something I should do to support my friend. They are a mix of tequila, vodka, rum and citrus fruit juices. Each cazuela comes in its own special drinking bowl and has a flaming fruit rind floating on top. Did I mention each one is 50 oz. of heaven? This is Jenn taking her inaugural drink of the one we shared Friday night (since we had Bella, we didn't think it was a good idea for us each to have our own):

You can barely see the flame on the fruit rind that's floating on top of the drink. I wasn't very quick with my camera. But I was quick to grab my straw and start drinking.

Crazy good. I can't wait for Jennifer's FC party!

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

That looks GOOD! I love me some Felipe's. How did the "research" go? Is she ready to make them on her own?

Chris said...

I think we're ready to attempt them on our own. Just don't know when it will happen.