Friday, November 16, 2007

Mom visit

My Mom's been at my house since Wednesday. It's her monthly visit for her china painting club meetings. We took advantage of her senior citizen discount at Kohl's on Wednesday after she got to town -- some Christmas surprises were purchased. Before Kohl's Mom had her first Texas Roadhouse experience where she declared that our waitress was the best dancer.

We also went to look at an RV that my sister, Jenny, is thinking of renting for their family vacation next summer for a two-week trip up into Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota and Canada.
I've been asked to go on this vacation. Since there are only six states I haven't been to and they are going to four of them, it's a very appealing offer. Traveling in an RV or minivan with three teenagers for two weeks...not so appealing. It all depends on when we start working in earnest to install the new advertising system we're getting at work next year. Here's a picture of the RV we looked at:

It was nice inside and I think it would be so much more comfortable than a minivan for three teenagers and three adults plus luggage. I'll keep you posted on whether I go on this trip or not. It would be an interesting couple of weeks, to say the least...lots of blog fodder if nothing else! But after looking at the RV, it seems a little more exciting than it did at first. It could be the chance of a lifetime trip for all of us. We'll see.

6 comments:

Heather rules said...

Oh I SO hope you get to go. Bring your I-Pod and tune those pesky teenagers out! That sounds like such a fun trip. I've always wanted to visit those parts!

Linda said...

You gotta go on this trip! You can definitely tune out those kids. I'm with Heather, take the ol' I-Pod!

Anonymous said...

hey im one of those "kids" you're talking about. Chris you have to go you are the best driver.im not so sure i would want to ride in an RV with my moms driving. talk about SCARY.

Country Girl said...

GO FOR IT!! i'd do it just for wyoming and montana!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm the sister who is planning this trip and while I am all for the RV (and by the way, my driving is not scary!!), I am getting resistance from those that live in the same household with me. Neither Fred nor Jeffrey want to do the RV thing. Fred because of the cost, Jeffrey because he doesn't think it would be a vacation. Go figure. I however am going to pursue it, we'll see how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

ok mom your driving may not be bad but in an RV I have to say it may just be a little scary especially if you are lost and trying to find your way back....(I love you Mom)...but i think it would be a good idea and i bet we could make the movie RV 2..>we could be FAMOUS!!!!