Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dinner date with Caden

Saturday afternoon about five o'clock I got a call from my oldest nephew, Andrew. He said that he and his wife, Rachel, were in town for a visit with her aunt and uncle. Did I want to meet them for dinner at Granite City? Heck yes! I quickly changed clothes and flew across town to meet them. Caden, their son and my great-nephew in case you've been sleeping through previous posts, was awake when I got to the table. Rachel handed him over and we had some quality giggle time before he got too sleepy. I can't help but laugh when babies or toddlers laugh. Their laughter comes from deep inside and they aren't too self-conscious to just let it rip. It's one of the best sounds ever (right up there with a steady rain falling on the ground and birds chirping in the trees). Caden squealed and giggled with me and at me before he drifted off to sleep. I marveled with Rachel and Andrew about how amazing it is that even at 3 months old, he already has mannerisms and idiosyncracies that mirror theirs. I was so caught up in his giggling that I forgot to snap any pictures. And by the time I thought of it he was awake again and ready to eat his dinner. So, here's a file photo of him to refresh your memories:

That's his Daddy holding him in this picture taken a little over a month ago. Let's have a date again soon, OK?

3 comments:

Lori said...

Chris, I always suspected that you had a thing for bald younger men ...

Chris said...

I have to say that they (bald younger men) do make me happy!

Country Girl said...

have you had granite city brunch yet? DIVINE!!