Monday, September 3, 2007

Painting Labor Day

This Labor Day weekend I spent a great deal of time up on a ladder painting the overhang on my house. My house has guttering around the entire perimeter. So not only is gutter cleaning in the fall and spring lots of fun, but when it comes time to paint there's a lot of trim to touch with a brush.


I had my gutters removed in the spring so I could paint before they came to put the new ones up. It's taken me a while, but I finished that task this weekend. The left photo is a corner of my house before painting and the right is the same corner after.

Much better. Now I can call the gutter guy to
come and install the brand spanking new gutters.


And this is where I sat and enjoyed the backyard for a bit this morning drinking coffee and patting myself on the back after I finished up the painting around 9:30. S
uch a good feeling.

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

ooh... that's beautimous -- what color is your tool belt?? and do you have spectacular shoes to match it??

Linda said...

Wow Chris - looks great. Wanna come paint our house? Inside and out? LOL!

Heather rules said...

Looks great. As does that chair. I believe I have relaxed in that chair after a purse party once.

Lori said...

I'm very impressed. You could teach Dale a thing or two about home maintenance.