Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weekend with the folks

When I wasn't at the fair this weekend, I spent the rest of the time at my Mom and Dad's house south of Ellinwood. I got to see both of the babies and most of the rest of my family, too. This is a picture of my nephew Zach in his new bouncer/walker that I found for him at a garage sale last week. My Mom watches him one or two days a week and she wanted something that he could sit up in and play. This fits the bill. We put him in it Saturday for a test run. It was a hit!

Sunday at church I saw my cousin Jason, his wife Heather and their two-and-a-half year old Madisyn. I haven't seen them since our family reunion in July. It's always good to catch up, especially since Jason spent five days in the hospital with pneumonia a couple of weeks ago. He's on the mend now and we're all glad. This is a picture of Madi and her baby outside church:

Jason, Heather and Madi came out to eat lunch with us on Sunday to celebrate my Dad's birthday which was this past Tuesday (September 11th--he turned 67). My Mom fried chicken and we had mashed potatoes and gravy, too. It was delicious.

Caden was there with his parents (Andrew & Rachel) but he slept through the festivities when he wasn't eating (just the milk please, no potatoes and gravy yet). I snapped a couple of pics while he was sleeping in his car seat, though. He had that halfway between sleep and wake thing going on. Every time I'd take a picture he smiled after the fact, probably because he knew it would make me crazy. He's sure getting big and his double-chin is making him look more like his great auntie (me) everyday!


3 comments:

Country Girl said...

I'm loving the little dribble of drool on Zach's bottom lip!! Sweet baby. :)

Chris said...

I think Zachy is starting to get some teeth. He's been drooling buckets!

Heather rules said...

Those kids are so super cute. Makes me want more. NOT!