Monday, September 3, 2007

Fun at the lake

I was invited to hang out with some friends at the lake where they live today. Luckily, I got my work done this morning so I could go have some fun. Their homeowner's association has a big feast three times each summer: Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. They smoke a variety of meats including chicken, pork tenderloin, ribs and sausages. It was all incredibly good. Everyone brings a side dish to share and I made a cake (from scratch!) using my Mom's zucchini cake recipe. I slapped some store-bought cream cheese frosting on it and -- delicious.

Izzy is doing what I wanted to do after eating all that good food:
But I decided not to sleep in the grass. We went swimming in the lake for a bit instead. Some people went tubing:


Then Isabella found a "bathtub" in the sand so she decided to go for a dip.
Ah, the life! At one point she even dunked her head in.


Thanks to Steve, Jennifer and Bella for inviting me to their party. I had fun as always!

No comments: