Friday, September 21, 2007

Visit from the folks

My parents, Sherrie and Larry (they rhyme!) were in town for a visit this week. This is a picture of them lounging in my living room tonight. After I took this picture, my Mom said, "You just took that of Dad, right?" Yep, sure I did.

I get my love of reading from my Mom, who grew up in a poor household so she and her sisters read books to stay entertained. I get lots of other things from her, too, but for now I'll leave it at that.

From my Dad I get a multitude of things as well, namely his sense of humor. I also got from him the knowledge of how important it is to check the oil in my lawnmower on a frequent basis. I told him at dinner tonight (proudly) that I put oil in the mower the last time I cut the grass. He just about fell out of his chair.

They go home tomorrow. It's sure been nice having them around, even though I spent some of the time working on my Mom's blasted computer.

3 comments:

Heather rules said...

There's those overalls.
Gotta love mom and dad. There's nothing better.

Country Girl said...

good thing mom smiled for the pic... y'know, just in case ;)

Linda said...

Hi mom and dad!!!! I truly want a pair of overalls! Gotta love that comfort!