Thursday, January 31, 2008

Reba and Kelly and Melissa

Tonight I attended the Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson concert with my friends Laurie and Joyce. Laurie bought us all tickets for our Christmas present and after meeting at my house after work for pizza and martinis we headed up to the Kansas Coliseum with the rest of the sold out crowd to attend the concert. I didn't take any shots of the actual concert. Because, let's face it, those shots never turn out. But we took this one before it started. I like it because you can see up our noses.

We decided Joyce's arms aren't quite long enough and this next picture was taken by an adjacent seat holder and shows my I-shoveled-the-driveway-before-work-this-morning hairdo. I know you're all jealous that your hair doesn't look as good as this.

The concert was fabulous and those two shared the stage the whole night. They harmonize very well (to my untrained ear) and it was a wonderful show. One of the highlights of the evening was an opening 15 minutes of comedy by Melissa Peterman who played Barbara Jean on the "Reba" television show. She even came out while Reba and Kelly were singing and "helped" them with the song "Survivor" which was the theme song for the TV show.

It was a great evening of music and friends. Thanks again, Laurie!

8 comments:

Heather rules said...

I'm glad you posted about the concert. I meant to tell you to have a great time, and it looks like you did just that!

Did you get Gage's message??

Jennifer Lynne said...

I bet that was a great concert!

Linda said...

I really enjoyed the concert too Chris! Melissa Peterman was hilarious! I loved her as Barbara Jean. I still watch Reba's show as often as I can. We ended up sitting higher in the stands than I thought we were. We can talk about it later!

BTW, I like your hair like that!

Country Girl said...

it would have been awesome to see melissa peterman... i LOVE barbara jean. she is so funny :)
and of course i love reba too, and kelly i like very strongly.
reba... one of the funniest shows - god bless reruns!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sacrificing the hair to shovel the drive. We appreciated it! Thanks for letting us use your house for the meeting/eating/drinking place. I agree with you about the concert - It was great. I may have to check out some reruns of REBA. - Joyce

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

CHRIS! I was there. Good show. Except I was on deadline so I missed all the good songs they saved for the end. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great show!