Monday, January 7, 2008

My nail addiction

Every two weeks on Wednesday I drive to the east side of town and get my nails done by Vicki. She's a sassy redhead who provides as much therapy for me as she does beautification to my nails. We laugh and we talk while she files and fills.

I've been rendezvousing with Vicki for over 10 years. Probably about a dozen. Her youngest daughter was in kindergarten when I started having her do my nails and now Whitnie is a knock-out junior in high school. Not only that, she's a fantastic singer (who writes her own songs!)
and has made her first CD. I was one of the first to have the privilege of buying a copy. You can check out her website by clicking here.

I stopped going to get my nails done when I bought my house almost 4 years ago. I just couldn't justify the expense. Since it's a friendship as well as a nail appointment and I missed it and her, I went back not quite a year later.

So I go and I worry that I'm spending too much money on things that aren't necessary. But I'm worth it, right?

7 comments:

Country Girl said...

well, duh... OF COURSE you're worth it!!

Linda said...

DEFINITELY worth it! If I could type with long nails, I'd get mine done. But for some odd reason, I could always type on a typewriter with long nails, but I just can't on a 'puter!

Kathryn said...

Every girl needs a guilty pleasure. Manicures definitely fit into that category.

Heather rules said...

It's always great to do things for yourself.
She seems like a real hoot.

Rockyn Robyn said...

darn tootin'!! I'm a firm believer in it!

Anonymous said...

Your nails look great. And it's gotta be cheaper than therapy, right?

Thanks for telling us about Whitnie's Web site. I'm listening to her music right now. Pretty good stuff!

Jennifer Lynne said...

Yes you are worth it! And everyone needs to have that "special" something they do for theirselves every now and again.