Tuesday, January 8, 2008

To Grandma and Elvis

Today is a special day. It's the day my paternal grandmother and Elvis were born. It was my Grandma's birthday first and I remember her fondly on this day each year. Even though she's gone, I think back to the times spent at her house helping her clean or going for a swim with her down at her sandpit. I was also fortunate to take a trip with her and Grandpa one summer to South Dakota. The picture I took of Mount Rushmore on that trip is still one of my favorite photos ever. I may have to dig it out and scan it to post. But in the meantime, Happy Birthday to Grandma S! Thank you. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

Happy Birthday to Grandma and The King.

Country Girl said...

you read my mind... post that puppy!!
i went to south dakota as a kid... that was a cool vacation. :)