Friday, January 18, 2008

Andrew is 25

Yesterday was my nephew Andrew's 25th birthday. On the left is how he looked at age 1. On the right is how he looked at age 5.

It might be important to say that he was actually due on March 1, but my sister went into labor six weeks early on a Sunday evening and we were all pretty surprised that his 4 lb. 14 oz. self had already arrived. When my Mom came to wake me up (I was in 7th grade) that Monday morning to tell me that he had been born, I didn't believe her. He was in the hospital through the end of January and I remember going during visiting hours when Teresa and Kenny were there feeding him and watching her cry because she couldn't take her baby home. Once they took him home, though, it didn't take him long to catch up with his age and you'd never know he was a preemie.

The photo below is one of my all-time favorites of him. He was wearing Katie's Easter bonnet and carrying her purse on that Easter Sunday about 14 or 15 years ago. Very stylish, huh? Especially with the suit.

3 comments:

Heather rules said...

He's gonna kill you for posting that picture, but man is that funny!

Linda said...

Wow - 25! They grow up so fast! And I agree with Heather - he's not going to be too happy you posted that pic, but it's a strong young man that will carry a purse and wear a bonnet LOL!

Chris said...

When he went away to college, instead of taking a man's shaving kit to hold his toiletries, he took one of his Mom's old makeup bags that was red with flowers on it. And he was a big, tough football player. His friends razzed him about it, but he didn't care!