Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's beginning to sound like Christmas

Yesterday my cousin Mike and his wife, Rachelle, came to Wichita from Russell to do some Christmas shopping for their four kids. We hit Shepler's (their kids are in 4-H and show animals), Towne East and Target. I had a great time in Brookstone, a store I don't usually frequent. Almost every store has holiday music playing over the speakers, which is something I love. I'm a big fan of the seasonal tunes. But in Von Maur at Towne East (where I had to use their above-average restrooms and check out the clearance room in shoes), there's a real live pianist tickling the ivories. They play year-round but at Christmas it seems especially festive:

After I used their facilities, I stopped in the infants section to check out the sale rack. I ended up snagging this long-sleeved onesie for Zach:

Even though I've already got presents for both Zach and Caden, I couldn't resist this cute shirt. It was a clearance item, after all. And the clearance room in shoes was a bust on this trip.

5 comments:

Khageman said...

I hope Zach doesn't read the blog, it will ruin the surprise:) The shopping trip sounds like it was fun. I have bought ZERO Christmas gifts! But, hey, I still have 23 days left to shop, right?

Heather rules said...

Your are beginning to spoil little Zachy. Will you be my aunt?

It's hit and miss in the shoe room.

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun day. Brian and I did a lot of shopping during the weekend, and many of the stores seemed very festive and fun. But we didn't see a live pianist!

Jaime said...

You didn't say anything about the fantastic facilities at Von Maur. It was voted one of the best in Wichita. I once photographed the store manager in the restroom.

The light sensors on the loos didn't care so much for my flash photography. Flushes immediately followed every flash. All of that running water made me have to go.

Country Girl said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE baby clothes!