Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve pictures (finally!)

The time I spent at my Mom and Dad's for Christmas went by far too quickly. It's hard to believe it's over already. Even though I was there for five days, it seemed a much shorter period of time. There was baking to be done and babies to hold, Christmas letters to address and get in the mail, shopping with my Dad for Mom's gifts and wrapping them once they were purchased.

My Mom has a Christmas Eve birthday, so we always celebrate our family Christmas that day. We eat lunch together and then the chaos ensues and we open gifts. Usually we wait until Santa has visited us, but this year he was too busy to come in person so he left the bag o' sacks with my Dad so he could distribute them.
Without further adieu...

Here's a picture of me and Zach, he showed up in festive attire and together we looked very Christmas-y.



Zach wasn't the only baby in the house, though. This is me with Caden. He must be teething, can you tell?


My Mom with her great-grandson, Caden. Notice the antlers she's wearing.


Caden with his Aunt Katie and Uncle Christopher.


Zach's getting to be such a big boy already. Such a serious face, such a cute outfit. He even had on red socks!


Here's Zach and his Mommy (Terri) checking out a book Santa brought him.


Caden's getting pretty good at sitting up without help. But that's his Mommy (Rachel) behind him making sure he doesn't topple over. And yes, he is even smiling!


Daddy (Andrew) and Caden with his sack of goodies from Santa. As you can see, he's way more interested in chewing on the sack than he is about what's in it.

My sister Jenny and her son, Kyle. Kyle was the baby of the family until Zach and Caden came along. He'll be 13 in March.


My brother-in-law Kenny, sister Teresa, Lynette (John's girlfriend), Zach and brother John as the present frenzy was beginning.

Nephews and nieces: Christopher, Anissa, Jessica and Frank (Katie's boyfriend).


Christopher posing for me with the "Push! I Neigh!" sticker on his shirt. It came on the barn toys my Mom got for both babies. I pushed the button and he really did neigh! Delightful.

I didn't take pictures of them, but I got a very cool bread machine (which my Mom got for a huge bargain at Kohls.com), a nifty soup pot and a new crock pot! I also got an outdoor planter, a gift certificate for a pedicure and some lotion that Lynette actually made. No complaints from me, now I just need to get cooking and making some bread.

3 comments:

Linda said...

great pic of Christopher! Sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas too!

Linda said...

p.s. happy belated birthday to mom. We ought to get our mom's together sometime since they were both Christmas Eve babies!

Heather rules said...

Happy late bday to mom. I love Zach's overalls. They are super cute. And Christopher, what can I say. We love the star tattoos.
BTW - send some bread to the Clinton's. Justin has ate the majority you have made for US this year.