Friday, December 21, 2007

Very merry book club

This past Wednesday night was our annual Christmas book club. Bonnie again hosted us at her magnificently decorated home. Here she is getting more wine glasses for the masses. We had a wonderful spread including beef tenderloin, croissants, banana pudding, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and scalloped potatoes. Bonnie made sure everyone had a vessel with which to imbibe:

There were even luminaries to light the path to her door. I don't even remember what was on this magnificently decorated dessert buffet:


Lori B. looked like a flapper from the 1920s with the bow from her gift wrapped around her head. The Dirty Santa gift exchange was quite fun. Especially for me. I had the luckiest number - 18 - out of 18 guests. That's the first time that's ever happened, I swear! There were so many good books to choose from that I swiped one that Peggy and Carrie had been swapping back and forth all night called "A Wrinkle in Time" brought by Lori B. It has bonus highlights because she read it while in college and had to write a paper about it. I figure it's like the Cliff Notes, so I'm sure to get a lot out of this book!

There was a spontaneous sing-along and the evening was so much fun. Thanks for the party favor, Bon!

No comments: