Friday, December 21, 2007

Zach's day

Today I traded in work and spent the day with Zach instead. First thing this morning we played with blocks. He's very smart and was able to spell out his name. Well, maybe he had a little help.

He's working on figuring out how to crawl. He gets into position, but can't make the legs work like they need to yet. So he does a pretty cool belly crawl to get where he needs to be. Late in the morning, his cousins (my nieces) Jessica and Victoria showed up and they put my springy Santa hat on him. I think he liked it.

Aside from the fact that he didn't take a nap that was longer than 45 minutes, it was a wonderful day. I didn't get anything accomplished (Christmas letters? who needs 'em!), but I sure had fun snuggling with the baby. It's hard to believe he'll be 8 months old next week. I'm gonna take those snuggles when I can get them!

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

ah... the exersaucer. james LOVED his!! zach is too cute.

Jennifer Lynne said...

Jaycee did the belly crawl forever! I thought she was never going to crawl on her hands and knees.

Linda said...

Zach looks adorable in his Santa hat! What a cutie!

Kathryn said...

Love the hat. Christmas will be tons of fun

Heather rules said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time with Zach and ALL of your family.