Thursday, December 27, 2007

Gift ball and Zach's cookie

On Sunday, Terri (Zach's Mom) had some shopping to do so she left Zach with us and he was very entertaining. He was wearing a t-shirt that says "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" and he looked incredibly festive.


After I got back from shopping with my Dad for gifts for Mom, we left Zach with my niece Anissa and went to my sister Teresa's house. Teresa and Jenny made Mom a birthday cake (she has a Christmas Eve birthday). Then we did our traveling gift ball present thing. Many years ago (probably at least 12) I bought a silver gift ball when I was on a trip somewhere. That was when I traveled with my job and I can't remember where I bought it. That year at Christmas I presented both of my sisters with a gift and shared with them the story that is attached to the gift ball. So the tradition began. Teresa took it the next year, then Jenny and then I got it back and we've keep rotating like that. Several years ago we added Mom to the list of gift recipients, but she doesn't have to take a turn buying the gifts. Theoretically it's something small that will fit in the ball, but that's only happened once. This year Jenny gave us each glass Christmas ornaments that were hand-made (blown) by a man in Colby.










After I snapped the picture of
Teresa on the left, her husband (Kenny) helped her keep her eyes open for the picture on the right.

After some discussion that we thought Teresa's ornament had black stripes (like her soul!), Jenny assured us that it's really a deep purple. Mine's red and Mom's is clear. They're just beautiful. Here's a picture of all three:

When we were finished with our exchange, there was still time to get back to Mom's house and take some pictures of Zach with his Nutter Butter cookie before Terri picked him up.

Notice the line of spit from chin to hand. Priceless!

Such a cutie.

4 comments:

Jennifer Lynne said...

What a great tradition. And I love the ornaments!

Heather rules said...

Zach is so cute and that Teresa, what a hoot!!

Linda said...

Zach is such a cutie, and those ornaments are beautiful!

Country Girl said...

i love the sentimental ornaments.