Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunglasses and jacket weather

A thousand apologies to my Mother who gently reminded me that she's checked my blog 14 times and still I hadn't posted anything. This one's for you, Mom!

Here in the land of Kansas, we've been having some gorgeous October weather. It's warm and sunny during the days (hence the sunglasses), but there's just enough of a chill in the air that you need a jacket, too. The trees are starting to turn (I'll post pictures here soon) and I've pulled out my trusty down comforter to use at night. It's good sleepin' weather, I tell ya. I did break down and turn on the heat in my house Friday night. But I turned it back off Saturday morning and haven't turned it on since. I like this time of year when it's rather chilly inside my house during the day when it's warm and sunny outside. And as I sit here typing this, there's not a cloud in the sky and the day looks promising.

I've got book club this afternoon (yes, it's a different day than usual) at the Arboretum in Belle Plaine. I'll be leaving in a couple of hours to head down there with my carpool buddies. I'll post pictures later, but now I must head off to make some pumpkin bread to take with me.

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

maybe your mom and heather should form a support group. she was on me about being "blog lazy" this week as well. :)

Heather rules said...

FINALLY!!!! A new blog. Thank you.

Linda said...

my sentiments too Chris. I enjoy your blog so much, I miss it when you don't post...oh well, I know how busy this last week has been for you!

Lori said...

The pumpkin bread was yummy. Great job adapting a recipe! I actually think you should plan to make it with the butterscotch next time! Mmmm.