Monday, October 1, 2007

Lazy Days

I don't have any pictures from my action-packed weekend. Mostly because I didn't have an action-packed weekend. I spent most of the time sleeping (one of my favorite things to do on a fall weekend) and getting caught up on television premieres I'd missed during the week.

One of the highlights of premiere week was the new show "Dirty Sexy Money" on ABC. I can tell it's going to be a guilty pleasure. I love Peter Krause from "Six Feet Under" fame and am looking forward to seeing him in this role. We'll see how it plays out, but for now I'm in.

Last night's premieres of "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers & Sisters" didn't disappoint, either. I think both shows have set the stage for some exciting stuff this season. And I'm looking forward to the return (on October 12) of "Men In Trees" one of my favorite new shows from last year.

I'd like to give a shout out to my friend Kathleen for allowing me to join her and her walking buddy, Carolyn. I've been walking with them (when they're walking and I'm available) for a 2.4-mile walk three times a week. Kathleen's husband, Dave, also joins us when he can. I'm a Sunday, Wednesday, Friday walker. The first time I walked with them I literally thought I was going to D-I-E. But I survived and it's gotten easier. The scale has even budged a little bit and that always makes me feel good. Last night I was really not looking forward to the walk, but I went (after forcing Kathleen into making me to go) and am so glad I did. I look forward to Wednesday when I get to go again. Thanks ladies (and Dave), for making the walks seem more like gossip with friends than like exercise!

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

i have a few things to watch from last night as well... side order of life AND brothers and sisters. do you watch side order? it's REALLY good!!

Heather rules said...

I missed Brothers and Sisters Sunday due to a little concert I went to. Oh well, hopefully I can get caught up next week.
I need to do some walking. Justin, Gage & I need to do some more bike riding before it gets cold.

Lori said...

Good for you! The most difficult part about exercising is that first step. And then you feel great about yourself when you're through and the next day! Keep it up!

Khageman said...

I am so please to have finally made the blog!!! And I do truly enjoy the gossiping, I mean, walking...