Saturday, October 20, 2007

Friday night is for margaritas

Last night after work, I met some friends over at Emerson Biggin's for a margarita. Yes, I only had one margarita, but it looked like this: It was a ginormous 32 oz. margarita. For $4.75! It's what I call the bargain of the century and it was very tasty. The reason for the get-together is that my friend, Sandy, who left the Eagle last year to move to Kansas City with her husband, Marty, was in town. Here's a picture of them: Also in attendance was Cheryl, a current work buddy, and her husband, Mike. It was their 12th anniversary. Here's to many more! They look really happy, don't they? I don't think the happiness was just about the beer and margaritas, either.It was a wonderful evening of laughter and good conversation. I stuck with one margarita, but I could have easily stayed 'til 2 a.m. and had several more. Let's do it more often, guys! So I can get more practice drinking and staying out late, because I'm clearly a wimp.

3 comments:

Linda said...

that margarita looks pretty good to me. Not sure I could have stopped at one though, especially at that price!

Khageman said...

Good grief, how come I am never around when you order the good drinks?? I mean, the last one I chose was $6.99 and it was quite small. I guess that is the disadvantage of being in the Sunday club! Work the next morning.

Heather rules said...

Looks like you had some Friday night fun.
I have not had a drink since Tuesday night and I'm dying. hehe.
You were drinking last night, Christina is drinking tonight (yes, I said Christina) and I'm feeling a little left out. Damn antibiotics.