Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Arb in Autumn

We met for our monthly book club on Sunday at the Bartlett Arboretum in Belle Plaine. Robin, one of our members (it should be said she recently dropped her other book club because we're more fun), owns this gem of Sumner county. It's absolutely gorgeous any time of year, but fall is especially pretty. My carpoolers and I arrived about 3:45 and enjoyed a walk around the grounds before most of others arrived. Suzanne snapped this picture of the four of us on the bridge:
Me, Tara, Suzanne and Deb

We had a great time and I will post more pictures later. I was a bit sickly yesterday (not because of book club) and didn't do anything but sleep and sit. More to come, I promise.

p.s. the pumpkin bread turned out fabulously even though I didn't have all the ingredients. I improvised and still it worked. hooray for me!

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

I LOVE FALL!!

Heather rules said...

It really does look beautiful. I need to check that place out sometime.

Jaime said...

Lovely photos and even lovelier ladies.

chitknit said...

Aww, man. That photo makes me miss book club! I love you guys!