Monday, October 15, 2007

Saturday night with Zach

This past weekend I went to Ellinwood to visit the family. I had a babysitting gig on Saturday night with Zach, my almost-six-month-old nephew. I went over to their house and got instructions and then Zach and I headed off to church so I wouldn't have to get up early on Sunday morning to go. It was a mostly uneventful hour we spent at church. He slept through the first half and then woke with a start. Almost immediately his bottom lip came out and he started whimpering. So I quickly (and pretty deftly considering I'm not very practiced) made a bottle for him. After he ate and I got back from communion, he burped really big and then spit up a little. OK, quite a bit. Mostly on me. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that.

After a 45-minute stop at my sister Teresa's house so she and my niece, Katie, could play with him, we went back to his house and I got him ready for bed. Once he was in his jammies and had his bedtime bottle, we read the book "Guess How Much I Love You". His legs and arms were going nuts the whole time I was reading it -- maybe he'll be an avid reader like his Daddy. When the story was over, though, he went right to sleep. It was about 8 o'clock and he was out for the night. He was so funny when he was lying there right before drifting off holding onto his right foot with his right hand. Once he fell asleep he still had the right leg a little up in the air. He looked so cute, I had to go get the camera and take this picture:
Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

those pacifiers are so funny. james had one. my dad used to say it looked like a spare tire cuz it was so big against the little itty bitty baby face.

Khageman said...

There is absoluely nothing sweeter, or more angelic, than a sleeping baby!

Linda said...

Zach is a sweetie! I love to watch babies sleep!

Heather rules said...

He is so cute. I just want to pick him up and give him some lovin.