Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sunday night club

A little over a year ago, I started meeting Kathleen and Janette, a couple of friends from college, for dinner on Sunday night about once a month (give or take, depending on schedules). After taking a couple of months off this summer when everyone was so busy, we started back up again this past Sunday. Laurie, another college friend, joined us. We usually meet at a different restaurant each month, but this time we went back to where we went the first time we did this, Texas Roadhouse. The only real requirement is that the restaurant serve alcohol, so it's pretty much wide-open. Kathleen is very good about ordering an exotic and usually extremely tasty drink each time we go out. One of her favorite drinks was the Nutty Uncle she had at P.F. Chang's. My favorite would have to be the cranberry Long Island Iced Tea I had at Logan's Roadhouse. I dream about them sometimes, they were so good.

We're generally a server's worst nightmare because we come early and stay late. We do try to tip accordingly so we don't get kicked out too quickly. Sunday we were treated like royalty by our server, K.C. He even serenaded us with a song after Janette accidentally touched his butt! Turns out he's a student at Friends University and is a member of the Singing Quakers. He wants to be a country singer when he grows up (he said he'll be 21 in a couple of weeks). His a capella version of Rascal Flatts' "God Bless the Broken Road" was really very good. Unfortunately I didn't think to snap his picture.

But I took this shot outside when we were leaving:
Laurie, Kathleen and Janette (as pictured) -- thanks for the laughter. It always makes my week when we get together!

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

how do you forget to snap the sexy quaker's mug? i must say i'm disappointed.

and... i must know more... what the heck is a nutty uncle??

Lori said...

I've got to try those drinks. I'm very intrigued. What a great tradition. It's important to stay connected with your friends like that, even when it's difficult to find time.

Heather rules said...

I want to know about the nutty uncle as well???

Chris said...

I don't remember what was in the Nutty Uncle, but I remember trying it. Maybe Kathleen will post an answer here...Kathleen, are you there?

Khageman said...

I am here!! And I am sorry to say that I can't really remember what was in the nutty uncle (is that a bad sign? I only had one I promise!) I usually choose the drink mostly by the name, and for some reason I usually get lucky and choose something yummy. I am thinking we have a very good excuse now to go back to PF Chang's. We must re-discover my nutty uncle!