Sunday, May 11, 2008

Z is for Zach and Zoo

Thursday was a very busy day. Shortly before 11 o'clock that morning my guests arrived: my mom, Terri and Zach. Mom was attending her annual convention of china decorators and Terri and Zach were just along for the ride. While mom went off to attend some painting classes, Terri, Zach and I met Jennifer and Bella at the zoo for Zach's first day among the animals. Even though he's yawning in this first picture, he really did enjoy it.

We watched them give one of the elephants a bath.

And we saw this hippopotamus up close and personal.

Before we reached the chimpanzee exhibit, Zach was snoozing soundly in his stroller.

That much excitement in one day is bound to wear a little boy out. I'm certain we'll do it again someday because Terri really enjoyed it, too.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like you had fun at the zoo. I haven't been in a long time. Need to get out there.

Heather rules said...

Looks like fun. I'm with Linda, I need to get out there.

Jennifer Lynne said...

I love the zoo!

Amy D. said...

You are such a good aunt! You want to adopt an extra 3-year-old nephew? His aunts both live 3 hours away. )-: