Sunday, May 25, 2008

Time for vacation

Later today I leave for an eight-day vacation. I'm flying to Bozeman, Montana, this afternoon where my cousin, Angie, will pick me up at the airport. I'll be at Angie's house until Friday morning. I don't want to spoil the surprise of what I'll be doing in this post, but hopefully I'll be posting at least a couple of times from the road.

It wasn't until this morning that I started to get very excited about this trip. I've been so busy since the layoff that I haven't even had time to think about anything except what's next on the list of things to do. So I'm looking forward to this break, which was scheduled well in advance of the ax falling on my job.

Next time you hear from me I'll be in Big Sky Country!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Can't wait to find out what you're doing. Hmm...

Country Girl said...

i'm super jealous. i really wish i was going to montana. never been there, totally want to. and if i could ride a horse on the open range while i'm there... even better.

Linda said...

Hope you have a great time Chris! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Heather rules said...

Have a great time! You deserve it!. Can't wait to hear about your travels. Sorry, I didn't call you this afternoon. I've been in my own little world all weekend. This morning is the first I've looked at blogs since Thursday.

Tess Knadler said...

Montana rocks! I hope you're having a terrific time. If you happen to make it across the state to Missoula, stop by The Depot and say hi to my son, Erik, a bartender there. I betcha he'll buy you a drink!