Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Katie graduates

My niece Katie graduated from Ellinwood High School on Sunday. She was kind enough to pose for this picture with her cake (just as delicious as Anissa's since the same lady made them both) before graduation.

Katie's dad is on the school board, so he got to present his little girl with her diploma and a big hug. Very moving to see that. I can't lie, I teared up.

The graduate with her mom and dad (my brother-in-law Kenny and sister Teresa).

Katie will be attending Emporia State University this fall where she'll study to become an elementary or pre-school teacher (I'm not sure which). Unlike Anissa, who's the oldest child in her family, Katie is the baby (like me). Her parents are thrilled she's chosen a state college since both of their boys went to private schools.

2 comments:

Lori said...

hi chris. my sister lisa reser (who lives in ellinwood) is here visiting and i showed her your posting. she knows katie, and of course, her mom and dad. she got a little kick to see your posting. hope all is going well with you.

Linda said...

Congrats to Katie!