Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy leaping

I don't have anything special to say today, but I wanted to post another item in February to bring me up to double digits this month. I've been such a slacker, but I'll try to do better in March.

Leap day was today and I watched a story on the news this evening about things throughout history that have happened on February 29th. Of course I can't remember any of them. They also showed one of the newest leap day babies, just hours old. I don't know anybody with a February 29th birthday, but I think I know some people with today as their anniversary date.

The weather this weekend is supposed to be phenomenal, at least on Saturday. So you all enjoy it for me because I'll be at work most of the weekend :-(

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'll see you at work on Sunday! UGH!

Country Girl said...

someone at work today said they hear it's bad luck to get married on leap day. ?? i think it's bad luck to marry the wrong person, that's the only bad luck i say -- not the day, just the dude. ;)
i know a few babies born on leap day... one of which was today. the other... four years ago.