Saturday, February 23, 2008

Opera anyone?

Today I'm on my way down to Oklahoma City to see my nephew Christopher in his operatic debut. He's a 5th year senior in the Music Theatre program at Oklahoma City University. He's not an opera singer, but as a student he is required to audition for every production they do. And he got a part in "The Ballad of Baby Doe" which surprised him as much as anyone. This will most likely be his final performance there as a student (besides walking up to get his diploma in May). It's an English opera and is about the mining towns of Colorado including Leadville.

My parents are here and I'm riding with them down there. My sister, brother-in-law, niece, her boyfriend, nephew and his wife, my great-nephew, family friend Doris and my brother-in-law's mother are all going as well in other vehicles. Christopher should have a well-defined cheering section. He sent me a picture last night of him in costume, but it's on my cell phone and I can't figure out how to get it off of there.
Look forward to a post about the trip tomorrow night after we get back.

2 comments:

Heather rules said...

I'm sure he will kick butt. Christopher ROCKS!

Linda said...

One of these days I'm going to get to see Christopher in one of his performances. Guess I'll just have to wait until New York!!!! I see a long ROAD TRIP coming!!!!!!