Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Book club

Last night was book club at Teresa's home. We all admired her newly-remodeled kitchen and enjoyed her spicy pork chili and a whole host of other goodies that the rest of us provided. Her living room was crowded and the chatter was widespread. It was the recipe for a good evening. They (I say that because I didn't read the book) discussed "The United States of Arugula" and the reviews were mixed. Nobody stood up and said it was their favorite book ever. But nobody said they hated it either. At least not that I remember, but by then I was enjoying one of the cupcakes Denise brought (they were completely homemade and they rocked) and a small slice of heavenly pie that Amy brought from Village Inn. Yummy.

Here are some snaps from the evening:

Kerry, Deb, Theresa (on the floor) and Denise.

Brenda, Jaime and Lori B.

My buddies sitting on the couch, Kathryn and Amy. That's Deb sitting to the left of Amy.

Brenda and our hostess Teresa.

The conversation touched on Genesis health clubs vs. the Y and then turned to tattoos. The tattoo subject came up because we were discussing a feature story in this week's WichiTalk section on the county's only female tattoo artist. Only two of us in attendance at last night's book club have 'em: me and Kerry. She showed both of hers and I showed mine. Check out my next post for a photo and the story of my lone piece of ink.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm very jealous of your tattoo, but not of the pain you went through. Can't wait to hear more about it.

chitknit said...

So, what WAS the verdict? Genesis or the Y?

By the way, I'd make the third member of book club with a tattoo.

Chris said...

Jill, you must post about your tattoo sometime. Ah, I think for the most part it was Y. But Genesis won some points for their personal TV screens.

Travis said...

c'mon... no credit for the chili cook or the kitchen remodeler?

Country Girl said...

Arugula?? Was it a book about lettuce?? hehe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.