Sunday, March 30, 2008

Prom dress shopping

Over Easter weekend, I went prom dress shopping with my four nieces. Thankfully, only two of them were looking for a dress. Anissa tried on several, but didn't buy one so I couldn't take her picture in any of them. The cranky lady who owned the shop had a sign posted and I didn't want to cross her. But Jessica found a dress, which is remarkable. She's a jeans and t-shirt girl and I can't remember the last time she voluntarily put on a dress, so it's really big news.

As her friend Amy said, "She looks good in everything." And she does. The next picture is of my nieces Victoria and Jessica and Jessica's friend, Amy (seated) after the dress was purchased.

Now, I hope that Anissa finds a dress soon because her prom is less than three weeks away. Katie's dress is being made for her by her brother Christopher. He also designed the dress as part of his minor in costume design at college. Last time I checked he hadn't started sewing it yet. I'm hoping he gets it done in time so she doesn't have to go nekkid.

4 comments:

Princess Jill said...

check out my blog....we went prom dress shopping back in february. it took me a while to post the pictures. Wasn't it fun? Were did your neice end up getting her dress? We got Jessica's at Uniquely You Bridal Shop in West Wichita.

Anonymous said...

well chris i did find my prom dress...in hays..and with my dad too...

Country Girl said...

um... did i read that right?? the lady seriously wouldn't let you take a pic of her in the dress unless you were buying it?!? what a crock of you know what!! old cranky butt. it so brings a phrase to my mind... but i shant type it here. i'll share on thursday if you like. :) either way... y'all had a good time, and that is what's important.

Anonymous said...

You are looking gorgeous in your red dress. It's too good. I would like to have the same dress in purple also.