Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's starting to feel like spring

Spring is truly in the air this week. Must be the combination of spring break and the week before Easter. Not to mention the fact that it's just after 8 p.m. and there's still a bit of daylight. Also, I have green stuff growing in my flower beds again! All of these things are signals to my brain that spring is nearly here. And I'm ready to admit it...it's time for winter to be over. It takes me longer than most to tire of the cold, windy, snowy, sleety, slushy, icy days than most other people. But I'm finally ready. So, bring on the spring.

I know you don't really care, but I've been SO busy lately. Just last night I finished a four-page story about a family at my church for the parish newsletter. Yes, I said FOUR pages. They are a really neat family and I had so much fun interviewing them. I could have easily done another
page, but deadlines were looming and I have to sleep sometime!

Speaking of spring, I installed a new shower head (and hose) in my bathroom over the weekend. I went to my local Sutherlands store to buy a replacement hose because my old one sprung a leak last week, but they didn't have just the hose. So I bought the whole she-bang and installed it all by myself. Nary a leak in sight. I'm so proud I could just burst.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Congrats on the shower head. Nice work.

I like the fact that Sutherlands is right around the corner, but there is NEVER anyone around to help. We went there the other day and Carter had to ask the guy who was unloading the truck to cut some plywood for us. He did it and then ran back to the truck. He was in such a hurry that he left the gigantic power saw on FULL-BLAST. We figured out how to turn it off and might have saved the life of a kid who was running around the store. Oh well, at least the place is close.

Country Girl said...

you are quite the handyWOman :)

Linda said...

wow, I'm quite impressed that you did that all by yourself. I am not sure I'd be brave enough to try! Way to go girl!

Heather rules said...

Good job girl!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Chris! You seem to do such a great job keeping your house up. No wonder it looks so cute.

Jennifer Lynne said...

Yay for spring and yay for new shower head!

jenny said...

Chris I am so impressed that you did that yourself! You go girl!