Monday, March 31, 2008

Meet little Sammy

Last Thursday I met my friend Sarah for lunch. She had been up to work the week before but didn't call me to tell me she was there so I could go downstairs and meet the newest man in her life. She found out through the grapevine (because I whined so much to her sister) that I was disappointed not to have seen them, so she graciously offered to give me a private viewing of her son, Sammy. It worked out for the best because I got uninterrupted snuggle time.

Sammy was six weeks old the day we had lunch, but he was born five weeks early. Sarah had to have an emergency C-section on Valentine's Day because her uterus had ruptured. Luckily, she and Sammy came through the trauma beautifully and they're both doing very well. He looks so tiny in his car seat:

And those little tennis shoes are adorable. Sarah said she put them on him just for me because she knows how much I like shoes. That I do. Hopefully we'll be able to do this again before she comes back to work. He's so precious.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I didn't get to see Sammy last week either, so I'm jealous you got your own special time! The pics are adorable!

Rockyn Robyn said...

I think he looks like a Geist, for sure! I've don't know that I've ever seen a boy so tiny! Got to see him in the lobby. What a doll!

Heather rules said...

What a sweet little dude.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I especially love the hat.

Country Girl said...

too sweet :)