Saturday, October 4, 2008

Zach's nighttime rituals

Part of my trip to Ellinwood to see the family included spending an evening with Zach and his parents, Mark and Terri. When I pulled up to their house, I could see Zach in his high chair eating his supper. He saw me and I opened my car door and waved to him. He enthusiastically waved back. It's so nice to have that unconditional love and have someone be happy to see me since lately it's been rejection letters or non-communication from potential employers. I needed that so much.

I got to observe Zach's bath, which was pretty funny. Like most kids, he sure enjoys running around naked. I chased him back into the bathroom after he escaped. Notice how he's checking to see if I'm behind him. He likes to splash around in the water and play with his toys, but he likes to be squirted with the shower attachment the best.

Once his bath is finished, his daddy comes to get him and dries him off and gets him ready for bed. After he's in his jammies, they go through the ritual of turning on his night lights and asking his bear on the lamp that grandma painted for him to watch over Zach as he sleeps. Sweet. They end the evening with Zach getting his milk fix and then crawling onto the couch with daddy for a few minutes before they both retire for the night.

Notice that Mark's clothes are lying on the couch behind them. He gets up for work very early so he lays his clothes out ahead of time.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I remember those days of the kids running around buck naked before and after bathtime! Loads of fun. Actually, Kaleb still runs around buck naked after his shower! HA!

Country Girl said...

ah... baby bathtime... those were the days.