Monday, October 13, 2008

I won!

Yesterday the Altar Society at my church had their biggest fundraiser of the year, Quilt Bingo. There were 20 quilts that people won (not me) by playing bingo. I never get any good bingo cards. Ever. But there was also this beautiful queen size quilt in blues, yellows and neutrals that was given away in a raffle. This year I only bought $5 in tickets because of the whole jobless thing and I won the raffle quilt! I couldn't believe it. I was helping to sell bingo cards and was outside in the hallway at my station when they called my name. I got several high-fives on my way through the room.

I think this means my luck is changing for the better. A job is just around the corner, I can feel it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, are you sure that wasn't my ticket? Did you put my name on any of them? I am happy for you, now it's off to Las Vegas? TS

Peggy said...

I'm so glad you won. The quilt looks beautiful!! I would love to see it.
-Peggy

Jaime said...

Congratulations. It's mighty nice.

Jennifer Lacy said...

wow - that is gorgeous! hope the job thing turns around soon! sounds like good things are happening!

Linda said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congrats!

And I'm with you - your luck has to be changing!

Khageman said...

Awesome!! Now you can color me jealous.

Country Girl said...

that is flippin' awesome!! WHOO HOO

Heather rules said...

Too flippin cool!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm jealous!! That quilt would look great on my bed...do you have my name for Christmas?? If not, trade with who ever does! I do hope this means your luck is turning.

KRyan said...

You're so right, your luck is turning! It's all going to be gravy, can't wait to hear more!

Lori said...

Gorgeous quilt! And beautiful attitude. You go, girl!