Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whirlwind OKC trip

This past Saturday my sister Teresa, niece Katie and I went to Oklahoma City to visit my nephew Christopher and go see "Rocky Horror Show" at the Lyric Theatre. Christopher was the costume master for the show and out of all the variations of the show I've ever seen, these costumes were the best. I even knew some of the cast members, so that always makes it more fun.

Before the show, we went out for lunch with Christopher at Iguana Mexican Grill. Excellent food. We got the queso and it was served in this dish shaped like Oklahoma.

Also, the salsa was to die for. Seriously the tastiest I've ever had. I snapped this picture of Katie and Christopher before we left the restaurant. Aren't they cute?

Aside from a choking incident by the driver (me) on the way back to Wichita that night, the day was fantastic.

2 comments:

Jeff C said...

Hey Chris,

I really like your blog. It's great that you have so much family around during this tough time with your job-seeking. They truly help us get through the hard spots in the road. My Dad just finally found a job after 13 months of searching. I hope yours goes faster. By the way, I must find a queso dish like the one at that Mexican restaurant (except, I'd need one shaped like Massachusetts).

Anyway, I hope this is ok, but I found you while searching for Wichita-area bloggers, and I kind of had this weird favor to ask you...

I'm a writer and cartoonist and my brand new syndicated comic strip - "DeFlocked" (endorsed by Larry David) - is one of several new comics up for a vote in your daily paper, The Eagle. I'm earnestly looking for some local support.

Would you mind checking out my strip at www.deflocked.com, and, if you like my sense of humor, maybe go here and pull the lever for DeFlocked: http://www.kansas.com/comicssurvey/
It would only take a second, and it would be a HUGE help to me. They also seem to let you vote as often as you like.

Voting ends November 1, so if you could - PLEASE spread the word!!

Thanks, Chris - I really really appreciate it. Have a great rest of the week and I hope you enjoy your Halloween!

Jeff Corriveau
jeff@deflocked.com

Heather rules said...

oh jeez, you chocked? I would have had a heart attack and not even been able to save you. You know that crap scares me to death and I go into panic mode.