Saturday, October 4, 2008

The painting house arrives

Monday morning just after the fog and cloudiness had burned off, my mom's painting house arrived. She ordered an outdoor building to house her painting things so that it will free up room in their house. It was made to her specifications by a company near Hutchinson. On the right are the blocks before the house was set in place. On the left the delivery guy was turning around to get the trailer into position. That's my dad you can see in the picture.

Once he got into position, he made that trailer do things I would have thought impossible. It could go forward, backward, sideways and crossways independent of the pickup. And he did most of it via a remote control. It was truly amazing. It took only about an hour from start to finish and the last-minute tweaking he did to get it set correctly on the foundation blocks.

This was my mom going into her new little painting house for the first time. I have to admit it's really quite adorable with the white paint and the red trim.

The building is unfinished inside, but once the sheet rock goes up and the electricity hook-up is complete, it will be a nice place for her to paint and house all her surplus china, of which she has a ton. Stay tuned for pictures of the finished inside someday.

2 comments:

chitknit said...

Do they sell Knitting and Scrapbooking Houses?

If so, mark me down!

Linda said...

I agree - a scrapbooking / stamping house would be awesome! Or maybe we should get a sports house so I can send Corby out there to watch (scream at) his sports!