Friday, October 3, 2008

Razzleberry casualty

I'm sad to report that last Thursday (yes, I'm a week late posting this) when I hosted book club at my house, the razzleberry pie that Tara brought ended up on the floor. It looked absolutely divine, but my kitchen filled with people and the pie ended up sliding onto the floor. The razzleberry color actually makes the carpet look better, I think. As you can see from this picture, Tara's shoe was also a casualty and Suzanne looked on with shock as they waited for my reaction. I laughed hysterically because I really do hate that carpet. And Tara's shoes? Well, she threw them in the trash because she said they were uncomfortable anyway.

One of the highlights of the night for me was receiving flowers from Bonnie. They are a beautiful purple color, which fits in nicely with my colorful house. I enjoyed them here for a couple of days and then took them with me to my parents house so my mom and I could enjoy them there. Dad tolerates but doesn't really enjoy flowers.

We all liked the book "My Antonia" by Willa Cather. And some of us even loved it. I especially loved the detailed descriptions of the Nebraska countryside and identified with the small-town aspects of the book.

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

the razzleberry and flowers compliment each other quite nicely as well.

Linda said...

I'm glad you were calm about the razzleberry mess. These things happen...

Jaime said...

The razzleberry incident wasn't funny, but that picture of Suzanne is hilarious. I know a good handyman who put down some vinyl for me if you need his number.