Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm a joiner

Today I bit the bullet and signed on the dotted line to become a member at Genesis Health Clubs. I signed up for a free week when I was at Exploration Place the other day and went yesterday for a tour and workout. I lost my super-cheap YMCA membership when I lost my job in May, so I decided to just do it. I really like the facility. I love the fact that there are individual LCD screens on each treadmill or elliptical machine for watching TV or a personal DVD. You just plug in your own headphones and tune in what you want to watch. Makes me feel very special for a few minutes each day. And I've needed that lately. So as the days and weeks keep going by while I'm looking for a job at least I'll be spending some of that time constructively sculpting a new me!

6 comments:

chitknit said...

Good luck!

That's one thing I miss A TON about not being an Eagle-ite, or living in Wichita. The Y membership was great - we went all the time. When I did the marathon, we got to train at Genesis if the weather was bad. It's a nice place.

Lori said...

way to go, chris. i also joined genesis this year and i love it. do you go to the gym on west 13th? so convenient to our houses.

Heather rules said...

Good for you!

Linda said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!

Peggy said...

Enjoy your workouts! I've got to get back to the exercise routine after a lazy summer.

Country Girl said...

Good for you!! And that is so flippin' cool that you get your own screen on the machines!!