Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm far from 15

Well, I'm pretty far from my promised 15 blog posts this month. But I'm working on a doozy that I'll be posting sometime this weekend. It's going to be a long one and for that I apologize. In the meantime I'm keeping busy with a job interview this week (more about the job later after I know something) and more contact with my former employer. Just haven't heard from either one that I am being offered a job. I'm trying to be patient.

I watched a lot of the Democratic National Convention this week. Mostly because my mom was watching it and I was there for the first two nights. Some of the speeches were very moving. That's enough about politics.

This past Monday was the beginning of the U.S. Open and I've been watching tennis when I can. One of my favorites, Tommy Haas, was defeated yesterday. I didn't see the match since it wasn't televised in its entirety, but apparently there was a line call that Tommy didn't agree with and then he self-destructed because he couldn't get past that. No challenge system was in place on that court either. But how about that Andy Roddick? He played a wonderful four-set match last night against Gulbis and won. I will admit that the television was on during the match, but I slept through most of it even though I had the best of intentions to stay awake.

More on the Open and tennis later. Right now I've got to go fold some clothes and maybe have a nap. I love three-day weekends!

No comments: