Friday, August 24, 2007

Name That Tune

This week at work, we had one of our most popular United Way fundraisers: Name That Tune. These are my homegirls, Heather and Robyn, who competed in the contest as the Grim Reapers (they are both employed in the obituary department). Sadly, they didn't make it to the finals, but they had the best t-shirts! The t-shirts say "Grim Reapers We're DEAD Serious" and it has a picture of a hearse. They also had matching skull and crossbone necklaces and headbands. So cool.

This is another one of my homegirls, Denise, and her partner, Bob, who is not posing for the camera. Bob and Denise (aka Captain and D'Neil) won the whole competition today! They rocked it and beat out three other very good teams. The traveling trophy is now theirs.

Before today's competition began, Danna's boyfriend Lamont came into the room with a dozen roses and a bunch of balloons and proposed to her, or so I'm told. I missed it because I was downstairs getting quarters. When I walked back in there was nary a dry eye in the room. Really people, they're just quarters! But enough about me. She said yes. Congrats to both of you!


4 comments:

Heather rules said...

Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph. That pic stinks. But the blog ROCKS!! My SINCERE congrats to Denise and Bob. They have NO idea how much I LOVE them today and the rest of the year!!!!!

Denise said...

Chris, okay, now that quarters comment is the hilarious Chris I know and love. And Jesus Mary and Joseph I also LOVE the pic of Heather.

Suzanne said...

Heather and Robyn! Loving the T-shirts, girls. Very nice... (Did you get extra points for that? Should have.)

Loving the blog, too, Chris. Christine. Whatever. :-)

Lori said...

Name That Tune was so fun, Chris. You did a great job helping with it!