Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two days left

I'm not sure what I expected to feel after I got the news a week and a half ago that my position was being eliminated. I've only got two more days of work and it feels really strange. For ten years I've been working at the same place and that's twice as long as I'd been in any job prior.

Friday is going to be really hard. There are so many friends in the building that I'm going to miss a lot. I keep telling them it's not goodbye, but it's going to be strange. For me and for them.

I'm mentally making a list of things that I need to do while I'm looking for a job. Some of it is not very exciting at all, but I'm looking forward to getting some things done around my house. After Friday I'll start putting the list down on paper. You, my blog readers, will hear about the list in great detail. I will have more time to blog and will try to bolster the pathetic number of blog posts in recent months. My May is looking quite busy already, so I'll have lots of blog fodder. Stick with me and we'll take this wild ride together!

5 comments:

Heather rules said...

I'm totally along for the ride.

El Bee said...

Well I had only been there 5 years when I left but it was so hard to leave my girlfriends I had become so close with. It's been a year since I've been gone and I still miss seeing everyone's lovely faces. I want so bad to go out by the tracks and have a cig w/everyone (although now it would be out in the parking lot!)
But even though I don't get to see everyone on a daily basis, thanks to this great age of technology, we're all still in touch.
You'll be fine. You know what they say...when one door closes, another one opens! I have total faith in that.

Linda said...

Greater things are in store for you and there are a lot of us along for the ride! We're here FOR you and WITH you!

Rockyn Robyn said...

Cookie Bitch, you know I love you! We all do, and not being co-workers won't change that!

Country Girl said...

i'm with el bee, cece, we all still stay in touch - evil bird or not. leaving the nest... flying the coop... you'll see how amazing it is. :)