Saturday, April 19, 2008

Zach's first year

Some might say that I'm a little over the moon about my nephew, Zach. Well, those people would be right. Every bit of time I get to spend with him is special, just like it was with my other five nephews and four nieces. They're all (almost) grown up now and I have special bonds with each one of them. Over the past year I've been bonding with Zach. The first year of life is my favorite because they change so much in that year. I try to get back to Ellinwood to see Zach (and Caden, too) at least once a month. This is Zach's birthday month and next weekend is the big birthday shindig. I got an invitation from Zach's Birthday Party Committee (it was a committee of three) and I'm excited for a week from today when we'll celebrate his birth with a cookout, birthday cake and lots of presents. More on that next week.

Wednesday Zach got his first haircut (that's my headless brother Mark and Zach's dad holding on to him in the picture). Terri sent me some pictures and said that he didn't cry or throw a fit, was just curious what she was doing. That sounds just like Zach. It looks like Lori did a great job cutting his hair. I can't wait to see it in person.

Is it just me, or does it look like he's telling her how he wants his hair to look in the picture above?

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

he is so handsome. i sure am glad she didn't get scissor happy like my new chic, and shelby's new groomer!

Heather rules said...

He picked out a great haircut.

Jennifer Lynne said...

Too cute!