Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Easter weekend

My birthday fell on Good Friday this year and I was lucky to have that day off from work. It was the day I got the official offer letter for my new job at Brainworks. It was a really good day, despite the fact I turned a year older.

Zach was really the only little kid around on Easter Sunday. He had a great time helping hide
Easter eggs with Katie and I. We'd each take turns hiding them with him and then he'd help the other one find the same eggs he'd just hidden. It was pretty comical. We had gorgeous weather that day and ended up spending a lot of time outside. Here Zach and Katie are finding the eggs I helped him hide.

Hiding eggs with them made me remember hiding them when I was a kid. It brought back some really good memories. I've always loved Easter since it's usually right around my birthday. I hid an egg in this tree that I ran over with the mower right after my parents planted it. I know I stunted that tree's growth, but it's still alive even though it hasn't really grown that much. Oops! Even though my mom never said anything about it at the time, she told me she definitely noticed it when it happened. Mom always knows! Eyes. In. Back. Of. Head.

After egg hunting was over, Katie and Zach got into a fight with sticks. They're so weird.



No comments: