Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Better late than never, right?

As my family will point out, I'm a bit of a tardy blogger. I really do mean well, it's just that life gets in the way. Not to mention a new job (this is week seven already) and a healthy dose of sleep on the weekends. But I'm back and I'm vowing (yes, again) to be a better blogger.

The first three months of the year I spent every Wednesday night with a great group of folks as part of my job. I really enjoyed coaching that group of couples on the skills they were learning in their marriage education workshop. It was a great way to round out my employment with Marriage for Keeps. My job there ended on April 30 and I was lucky enough to be able to have the last week as vacation before I started the new job. Here's a picture of workshop facilitator
Brian talking to the group. That's the other facilitator, Rachel, facing the camera.

Because of confidentiality reasons I can't post a picture of the group even though I took one the last night we met. If you were in that group and want a copy of the picture I took, post a message and I'll e-mail it to you.

I miss my co-workers at MfK because they're a group of awesome individuals, but I'm really diggin' the new job. What's not to like about the relaxed dress code, "normal" work hours, and the satisfaction of helping people work through their computer problems? Nothing, that's what.

Stay tuned. More to come...

No comments: