Monday, September 15, 2008

Girls rule at Cranium

This past Saturday my niece Katie and her boyfriend Frank came for a visit. They drove in from Emporia where they're both freshmen this fall. They were in need of a "get away from Emporia" weekend and apparently didn't want to head to Ellinwood, so they showed up on my doorstep. They didn't even bring toothbrushes, the spontaneous knuckleheads! We headed over to Heather and Justin's for dinner. Heather's cheesy potatoes, bacon-laced green beans and pork loin were a big hit with the dorm crowd. And me, too. I brought dessert and Gage enjoyed the blue frosting teeth he got from eating the cake.

After we ate, we played a game of Cranium, girls against boys. The boys were defeated handily by the girls, but you'll have to see Heather's blog for photos of the defeat.

You remember in the movie "Miss Congeniality" that her talent is making music with glasses filled to different levels with water? Well, I've never seen anyone do that in person until Saturday night. When Justin started making music with Heather's wine glass, stuff almost came out my nose. He gave Katie, Frank and I a lesson and let us all have a turn making the glass sing. Katie and Frank were good at it right away, but it took me some time to get it right. Don't try it with a cheap wine glass, it has to actually be crystal in order for it to work. Everybody else probably already knew this. I did not. Something else I can add to my resume.

Thanks for the good food, good wine and good times.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lynne said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time! Love the blue teeth Gage!

Linda said...

glad the girls won! We have to continue showing our superiority to the male species!

Heather rules said...

I had so much fun that night. So much so that I did NOT do my disappearing act I am so famous for. hehe