Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday fun

Wednesday night I attended the holiday party of a ladies group at church. Every year we have a Naughty Santa gift exchange and it can get pretty intense. You know the kind of gift exchange where everyone draws a number and number one picks a present, then all subsequent numbers have the option of stealing something already open or picking an unopened gift. Yes, even the church-going ladies I know steal gifts with glee. Take me for example. I drew the number 7, which isn't great considering there were 30 ladies there. Jennifer H. drew #1 and the gift she opened contained the springy hat she's wearing in the picture on the left. A couple of numbers later, Noreen took the hat from Jennifer. See how happy she is to have taken it in the picture on the right? This is supposed to be a white elephant exchange, but a lot of people (like me) bring something new. In the past I've gotten stuck with some real doozies as gifts from this dinner. So I decided on a new strategy this year: steal or end up with something I don't want. To achieve my goal, ideally, I needed to steal something already stolen once (we have a two-steal maximum). So I took the hat because I really like it and it fit the criteria. At least I look a LITTLE sheepish:

And the best part? I wore it for the rest of the night. The others tried it on for pictures, but then took it off right away. I only took it off when I got in my car to go home. Merry Christmas to all of my friends in St. Jude Altar Society! And thanks, Denice, for the cool hat.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I LOVE that hat. And you look darling in it!

Country Girl said...

that is one sexy hat!! mama like.

Linda said...

That is definitely YOU! Great hat!

Heather rules said...

I love the hat. It is SO you!