Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Vietnamese New Year!

A couple of weeks ago I had lunch at Saigon on Broadway. Behold, the number 56:

It was the perfect day for lunch at Saigon. They had entertainment to celebrate Vietnamese New Year, which included the popping of firecrackers outside (to ward off the evil spirits) and some drum music and two dragons winding their way through the restaurant during the lunch rush. I'm sure they symbolized something, but I don't know what. I liked the atmosphere, though. It was lunch AND a show!

As you can see I wasn't the only one taking pictures of this event.

After we'd eaten, we also got to pick out an envelope from a basket. Each envelope (or ours anyway) contained a Power Ball $1 quick pick. I am sad to report that I didn't win anything, but it was a good day to lunch at one of my favorite places.

No comments: