Friday, October 16, 2009

RENT is awesome

My nephew, Christopher, is in a production of "RENT" at the Pollard Theatre in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Guthrie is the neatest town and although I'm slightly biased, the production of "RENT" is quite superb. Here are some photos that I swiped off the Pollard's Facebook page.

The first one is a promotional photo of the cast. Christopher is on the stairs (halfway up) with his
leg up on the railing. He makes a very attractive homeless person, doesn't he?

He's part of the Company (or Ensemble, if you prefer). One of his roles is Squeegie Man. Say it with me "honest living, honest living, honest living"!

Another role is the Waiter in the Life Cafe, which gives him a solo part in one of my favorite songs, "La Vie Boheme," right before halftime (or intermission as most people know it).

But my favorite was his solo in "Seasons of Love" right after halftime. He makes me so proud when he belts like that. Not that I had anything to do with it, but still. It gives me chills. That's him far right. I wanted to pause and rewind and listen to that moment over and over again.

Yes, he's sporting an actual mohawk. I'm looking forward to attending another performance before it closes at the end of the month. The rest of the cast isn't half bad, either. If you're in the neighborhood, you should check it out. Buy tickets here.

Viva La Vie Boheme.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Something new in the New Year Please!!! I am begging you, guess who?

Anonymous said...

Really!?!?! Nothing new yet, you had 4 whole days off. I mean it!!! Pansy