Monday, November 10, 2008

This one's for you, Mom

My mother has always been a picture-taker on the first day of school. She requested I take a photo of myself on my first day of work, so this is a self-portrait snapped this morning at about 8:15 as I arrived for "Within Our Reach" training at Newman University. My first day was great. Bacon for breakfast at the training and I met a lot of the other people I'll be working with on a daily basis. They are all friendly and helpful and much younger than I am.

The training was pretty good, but I'm looking forward to Thursday afternoon when training concludes and I'll be able to sit at my new workspace and log into the system for the first time. I'm trying to decide which pictures I'll display and what pen/pencil holder to take for my desk. I'm sure these are exactly the things Barack Obama was thinking when he toured the White House today with his family.

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that your training went well (everything goes great with bacon).

Anonymous said...

Love the Obama connection, I'm sure you are right.
Joyce

Heather rules said...

Bacon rules!
I'll send you a picture of Gage. He'd be honored to be on your desk. ;o)

Melanie Bruington said...

Congratulations Chris! You're such a good daughter. And I love the lipstick, you look great!

Linda said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new haircut! You look awesome! Glad to hear training is going well!

Princess Jill said...

The only thing that would have made your first day better is to have ended it with a Margarita!

Lori said...

hey, chris:

i dont' have your email, so i'm telling you here that you've been tagged:

http://itslorisworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/ok-ill-bite.html

Lori said...

oops, that link might not have worked. just go to my blog and it will be explained...

Lori said...

Hope it's going well. Congrats!

Are you still reading the "Twilight" series? If you're interested, my sis and I are going to see the new movie next weekend! Please join us!

Country Girl said...

ooh... and a fancy new "do" to boot. you go sexy woman!